Welcome Friends to Believe Achieve

We'd Love For You to Get to Know Us!
Read Our Personal Believe Achieve Story:

Miracle of Life - How We Came To Be Believe Achieve Hugo and Roxanne

January 29, 2009

The Persistent Decision - The Traveler's Gift 7


The Traveler’s Gift
by Andy Andrews

Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success 7

© 2002 Andy Andrews



THE PERSISTENT DECISION


I will persist without exception.

Knowing that I have already made changes in my life
that will last forever, today I insert the final piece of
the puzzle. I possess the greatest power ever bestowed
upon mankind, the power of choice.

Today, I choose to persist without exception.
No longer will I live in a dimension of distraction, my focus
blown hither and yon like a leaf on a blustery day. I know
the outcome I desire. I hold fast to my dreams.
I stay the course. I do not quit.

I will persist without exception.

I will continue despite exhaustion. I acknowledge the fact
that most people quit when exhaustion sets in. I am not
“most people.” I am stronger than most people. Average
people accept exhaustion as a matter of course. I do not.
Average people compare themselves with other people.
That is why they are average. I compare myself to my
potential. I am not average. I see exhaustion as
a precursor to victory.

How long must a child try to walk before he actually
does so? Do I not have more strength than a child?
More understanding? More desire? How long must I work
to succeed before I actually do so? A child would never ask
the question, for the answer does not matter. By persisting
without exception, my outcome—my success—is assured.

I will persist without exception.

I focus on results. To achieve the results I desire,
it is not even necessary that I enjoy the process.
It is only important that I continue the process with
my eyes on the outcome.

An athlete does not enjoy the pain of training;
an athlete enjoysthe results of having trained.

A young falcon is pushed from the nest,
afraid and tumbling from the cliff.
The pain of learning to fly cannot be an enjoyable
experience, but the anguish of learning to fly is
quickly forgotten as the falcon soars to the heavens.

A sailor who fearfully watches stormy seas lash his vessel
will always steer an unproductive course. But a wise
and experienced captain keeps his eye firmly fixed
upon the lighthouse. He knows that by guiding his ship
directly to a specific point, the time spent in discomfort is
lessened. And by keeping his eye on the light, there never
exists one second of discouragement.
My light, my harbor, my future is within sight!

I will persist without exception.

I am a person of great faith. In Jeremiah, my Creator
declares, “For I know the plans I have for you, plans
to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future.”

From this day forward, I will claim a faith in the certainty
of my future. Too much of my life has been spent doubting
my beliefs and believing my doubts. No more! I have faith in
my future. I do not look left or right.
I look forward. I can only persist.

For me, faith will always be a sounder guide than reason
because reason can only go so far—faith has no limits.
I will expect miracles in my life because faith produces
them every day. I will believe in the future that
I do not see. That is faith. And the reward of this faith
is to see the future that I believed.

I will continue despite exhaustion.
I focus on results.
I am a person of great faith.

I will persist without exception.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. Faith is the Key element. Great stuff and highly encouraging !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Traveller's Gifts .. they are truly inspiring - thanks for sharing with us.

    I am definitely not "most people". I am stronger most people.

    I've always felt those words .. & now I know the direction I'm going in .. I am here for the successful long term.

    Thanks again .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jacques, Happy to know that you enjoyed, very encouraging without a doubt.

    @Hilary, We're happy to share "The Travelers Gift Series" with you and hope you got as much out of them as we did.

    Many Blessings....
    Hugo and Roxanne
    ~Believe Achieve~

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin