Welcome Friends to Believe Achieve

We'd Love For You to Get to Know Us!
Read Our Personal Believe Achieve Story:

Miracle of Life - How We Came To Be Believe Achieve Hugo and Roxanne

October 2, 2008

What is True Love? Part 1

Love vs. True Love.

Before you read on, think about your own feelings and thoughts about Love and True Love for a moment. Are they one in the same? Or two different entities? What is True Love to you? How do you know you have True Love?

When we're in love, we can't wait to express it to the world. It's that incredible feeling, the surge of emotions, the skip of a heartbeat, that makes us want to shout out to the world "I LOVE .....!!" It's so wonderful to be in love!! But, in order to spread our love, it's main source has to be in love, too. That main source is YOU....the True Love Within YOU and For YOU.

In order to experience True Love, "Self-love" is imperative. It's easier to say "I love you" than it is to say "I love me." Over time we've been made to believe loving oneself is narcissistic and self-centered. Yet, one cannot truly express love without having love for themselves. Our dear friend and mentor, Giovanna Garcia, has rephrased this self-love statement to "I am Love." She certainly said it best.

Today, begin your journey in discovery True Love for yourself. Let's start off with naming 5 things you love about YOU. You're most likely a great friend, good listener or a wonderful parent. You possess amazing qualities such as being caring, generous and kind. You have beautiful brown eyes, shiny hair and a great smile. Don't hold any love back. If you have more than 5, that's WONDERFUL!! Be sure to write them down in a journal or even a post-it note and have it visible where you'll see it often. The bathroom mirror and your computer screen are perfect places to post your expressions of love to yourself!

So, tell us, what do you love most about being YOU? We see beauty all around us, and we see yours through the computer screen. Tell us all about it.

Part 2 will continue your journey to True Love. We look forward to seeing you at our next post.

Many Blessings....
Hugo and Roxanne
~ Believe Achieve ~


Further Readings:
What is True Love? Part 2
What is True Love? Quote

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. Dear Roxanna & Hugo

    Thank you for the Call out. I am honored. I can’t wait to see how your blog is going to grow into. Naming five things you love about yourself is a fantastic way to develop or practice “Self Love” And it is fun to do this in different time of your time, cause you will have different five things. At this moment my five things I love about myself are: I am brave, I am passionate, I am happy, I am serving other to make the world a better place, I am thankful.

    I enjoy reading your blog, can’t wait to read more.

    Giovanna Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, once again, we're on the same page. Since I'm always looking for excuses to tell other people how much I rock, and since you asked, here's my list. LOL.

    I'm a great mom and wife. I'm full of passion and hope. I have talent and drive. My friends (and family)consider me a true friend they can come to for advice and support. I am mostly balanced, and working on being totally balanced. Oh, and my husband's friends are always telling him how lucky he is to have me. LOL.

    Thanks for the reminder! Self love is the way to go. As usual, Roxanne, you're a goddess. And Hugo, you're pretty cool too. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Giovanna,

    Thank you for being YOU!! You've been an incredible inspiration, an amazing mentor and a wonderful friend. Thank you for always encouraging us to be great.

    Many Blessings....Hugo & Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie!!
    Must add that you are an AMAZING writer to the list!! We're so grateful for your friendship!!

    Much Love....Roxanne & Hugo
    P.S. Hugo thinks you're pretty, darn cool, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin