Welcome Friends to Believe Achieve

We'd Love For You to Get to Know Us!
Read Our Personal Believe Achieve Story:

Miracle of Life - How We Came To Be Believe Achieve Hugo and Roxanne

November 17, 2008

BELIEVE in the Beauty of Your Dreams Series - Michael Jordan

"You've got to win in your mind before you win in your life."

-John Addison


Michael Jordan has an endless list of credentials displaying his countless achievements. The National Basketball Association has named him Most Valuable Player 5 times and the 1988 NBA Defensive Player of the Year. He holds the NBA record for most consecutive games scoring in double-digits, including 30 regular season games with 50 points or more and is the only 40 year old NBA player to ever score over 40 points. He's also a 2 time Olympic Gold Medalist where he won his last medal in the 1992 Summer Games with the original Dream Team, perhaps the greatest team ever assembled. Michael Jordan's list of accomplishments are immeasurable by any other athlete.

Michael Jordan was born on February 17, 1963 in Brooklyn, New York. When he was still a toddler, his parents, James and Delores Jordan, moved to Wilmington, North Carolina. He has 2 brothers and two sisters.

As a child, Jordan's first love was baseball. He pitched a one-hitter game and was voted MVP. As a youngster, he also played basketball and football. He attended Laney High School in Wilmington, North Carolina where he played basketball. During his sophomore year, Jordan was cut from the varsity team. This single event was a motivational turning point in his life. Instead of throwing in the towel and giving up after failing to make the team, Jordan used it to awaken his competitive desire to succeed. He'd practice for hours and hours on the court. "Whenever I was working out and got tired and figured I ought to stop, I'd close my eyes and see that list in the locker room without my name on it," Jordan said, "and that usually got me going again." His hard work, his desire, and his passion led him to eventually making the team. He even led the team to the state championship.

Michael Jordan since has become the most popular athlete in the United States, and is no doubt, the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball. He has single-handedly redefined basketball and no player in NBA history has achieved so much in any amount of time.

Michael Jordan is a prime inspirational example of someone who BELIEVED in the beauty of his dreams, worked hard to pursue them, never gave up and ACHIEVED unbelievable success. He won in his mind before he won on the court.

Many Blessings....

Hugo and Roxanne
~ Believe Achieve ~

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff. It has alot to do with our mindsets and how we focus. Keep up the positive feedback. We need it! Jacques

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definately right Jacques. You need to have the right mindset and stay focused.

    Many Blessings....
    Hugo and Roxanne
    ~ Believe Achieve ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Michael Jordan is one of the most amazing athlete in my eyes. I remember seeing this photo. And everytime I see it, my heart sings "I believe I can Fly, I believe I can touch the sky."

    Thank You for this series. I am loving it :-)

    Giovanna Garica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Giovanna,

    Your right, Michael Jordan was an amazing athelete. And the most amazing thing is, we all have the same ability. You also are amazing Giovanna.

    Many Blessings....
    Hugo and Roxanne
    ~ Believe Achieve ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I remember when I was little, just six or seven years old...I used to sneak to the living room every night, after my parents went to sleep, with my brother to watch NBA games. Michael Jordan was like a hero to me :D
    Those were the times to remember!

    I love your "Believe in the Beauty of Your Dreams Series"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stella!!

    We're so happy you're enjoying the Series!! It warms our hearts even more knowing our post brought back some cherished memories. Thanks for stopping by. We look forward to your next visit. :-)

    Many Blessings....
    Hugo and Roxanne
    ~ Believe Achieve ~

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin